Master Pizza Dough Recipe

I've written enough about how little experience I've had making bread, cakes, pies, and such. Now that I've got my new kitchen toy, making home-made pizzaz and пирожки is a breeze.

This particular recipe I've used in both and it worked wonderfully well. It is Master Pizza Dough from Fleishmann's Breadworld.com (a serious website overhaul needed, Freishmann people, nugde-nudge?)

  • 1 package / 2 teaspoons Traditional Yeast
  • 1 cup warm water
  •  3 - 3,5 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoon oil
  1. Place 1/4 cup of the warm water in large warm bowl. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved. Add remaining water, salt, oil, and 2 cups all-purpose flour; stir well. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. 
  2. Knead till the dough no longer sticks to the bowl walls. I let my machine knead about 2 min.
  3. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30-60 minutes. Punch dough down. Remove dough to lightly floured surface. 
  4. Shape, top, and bake as desired.
GARLIC AND HERB PIZZA DOUGH: Add 2 teaspoons Sweet Basil, Oregano (leaves), or Rosemary and 1 clove finely minced garlic along with dry ingredients.

WHOLE WHEAT PIZZA DOUGH: Replace 1 cup all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour.

No comments: